2017 MARSHAL CHART
All runners and helpers are requested to read the FRA safety requirements here*
Marshals should pay particular attention to the requirements of sections 14.
Please complete the form below to register your intent to marshal.
St Johns - Sunday 1st January
Ard Whallan - Saturday 28th January
Glen Mona - Saturday 25th February
Ellan Vannin - Sunday 26th March
Narradale - Sunday 30th April
Carraghan - Weds 24th May
Laxey - Weds 14th June
Snaefell - Weds 26th July
As a general guide (please consult the race details nearer the time), Saturday fixtures start between 12:30 and 1:30pm. Sunday Fixtures at 10am and midweek fixtures at 7pm. Note that positions for the Manx Mountain Marathon, Junior Champs or other races not appearing above will be administered separately.
nb: STEP 1 LISTS THOSE POSITIONS WHICH ARE ALREADY TAKEN. CHECK THIS FIRST AND THEN USE THE FORM TO SELECT A SLOT THAT IS AVAILABLE. YOU CANNOT EDIT THE CHART DIRECTLY, YOU MUST USE THE FORM. FOR ANY AMENDMENTS PLEASE USE THE GENERAL CONTACT FORM.
STEP 1 - CONSULT CURRENT CHART TO SEE WHICH POSITIONS HAVE ALREADY BEEN TAKEN
CLICK HERE TO VIEW LATEST LIST
STEP 2 - COMPLETE FORM BELOW
STEP 3 - CONFIRM YOUR APPLICATION WAS SUCCESSFUL. PLEASE BE PATIENT AS THIS MAY TAKE A FEW DAYS.
CLICK HERE TO CONFIRM
STEP 4 - AWAIT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. THESE WILL BE ISSUED IN THE WEEK PRECEDING THE RACE
MFR guidelines (in addition to FRA requirements):
- All helpers must be over 18 years old and have a basic understanding of Fell racing
- Runners will be permitted to swap slots with another competitor but only by contacting Manx Fell Runners via the contact form here at least ONE WEEK prior to the race.
- A competitor who fails to turn up for his slot will be excluded from the league. If a competitors substitute marshal/helper does not turn up then the competitor must cover the slot (please note if there is no marshal at a safety point the race may be cancelled)
- The MFR Committee reserve the right to allocate a slot to any regular runner who fails to volunteer
- Runners can choose which race they wish to help with on a first come first serve basis, by checking the chart, and contacting MFR via the contact section of the marshals chart and info page.
Marshals are asked to :
- Wear a hi-viz bib.
- Wear appropriate clothing for the conditions. Waterproof jackets and leggings are available if required.
- Be at your position at least 30 minutes before first runner is expected.
- Contact the Race Organiser when you are in position (a full list of mobile phone numbers will be issued before race day). Contact the next safety check position to ensure mobile reception. If there is a problem contact the Race Organiser.
- Record all race numbers and time through safety check.
- Pass on all information to both the next marshal/helper and Race Organiser. When first and last runner has arrived, number of runners still in race, numbers of any retirements, numbers of last couple of runners through.
- If a runner retires at your station check to see if they are returning to the start or being picked up and inform Race Organiser. If they are returning to start tell them they must report to the Race Organiser when they arrive.
- Inform race organiser when you are leaving your position.
- On road crossings safety is paramount and runners should be requested to wait rather than attempt to stop vehicles