Glen Mona (retired)
Crou-chabbil Ghlion Mona
Distance - 11km
Ascent - 650m
Category - A/Medium
Start - Glen Mona Hotel (GR 453 887)
The organisers reserve the right to change any part of the course and their decision on any matter concerning the race is final. Minimum age of entry is 18 years on day of race. Held under FRA rules, waterproof whole body cover, map and compass, whistle and emergency food are required
- Start + Finish at the Glen Mona Pub Grid Ref.452888. Follow public footpath west to kissing gate. MANNED SAFETY CONTROL (1) and (6) FIRST AID GR.445885.
- Contour south to unmanned control (2) Slieau Ruy GR. 441872.
- Follow Ridge northwest to Clagh Ouyr GR. 414889 MANNED SAFETY CONTROL (3), FIRST AID
- Follow ridge northeast to dry stone wall unmanned control (4) GR.422896 (Do not cross the wall).
From unmanned control (4) descend towards the Corrany Valley until reaching the first fence. Do not go over the fence or the Park Lewellyn wall.
Keeping the fence on your left follow round to the stream in the Corrany Valley. MANNED SAFETY CONTROL (5) is at the old mines GR.429889.
- Ascend valley in an easterly direction following intermittent footpath to kissing gate MANNED SAFETY CONTROL (1) and (6) and FIRST AID. GR.445885.
- Follow public footpath with caution to start/finish at pub.
57.36 - Lloyd Taggart 2010
Vet 57.36 - Lloyd Taggart 2010
Vet 50 1.11.53 - Dave Young 2006
Vet 55 1.11.53 - Dave Young 2006
Vet 60 1.13.31 - Dave Young 2008
Lady 1.11.45 - Jackie Lee 2010
Lady Vet 1.22.27 - Cal Partington 2007
Lady Vet 50 1.29.01 - Rose Hooton 2007
Lady Vet 55 1.31.10 - Rose Hooton 2009