James Coulson Laxey
Ard Ratch-slieau Laksey
Distance - 13km
Ascent - 650m
Category - A/Medium
Start - Glen Ruy Farm (GR 407 837)
The organisers reserve the right to change any part of the course and their decision on any matter concerning the race is final. Minimum age of entry is 18 years on day of race. Held under FRA rules, waterproof whole body cover, map and compass, whistle and emergency food are required
- UPPERCASE indicates compulsory section
- Along farm track to reservoir and ascend to Johns Cairn Unmanned control (1) GR. 403827.
- FOLLOW THE FLAGS TO THE MOUNTAIN WALL AND GO OVER STILE.
- Head south to small cairn Unmanned control (2) GR. 394826
- Ascend to summit of Slieau Lhost Unmanned control (3) GR. 394841.
- Descend path to Windy Corner GR. 392844. Manned safety control (4) first aid. Use stiles to cross track.
- Ascend northerly to summit of Mullagh Ouyr Unmanned control (5) GR. 398862.
- Descend north easterly towards Snaefell Mines valley. Manned safety control (6) GR. 408873. The control is positioned on south side of stream just down from stream junction.
- Ascend south easterly to summit of Cronk Y Vaare Unmanned control (7). GR. 412865.
- KEEPING THE MOUNTAIN WALL TO YOUR LEFT CONTOUR BACK
TOWARDS WINDY CORNER Manned control (8) first aid GR. 399854. will be on wall.
(Any runner who crosses the wall before the checkpoint will be disqualified - Private Land)
- GO OVER WALL AND FOLLOW FLAGGED ROUTE THROUGH FIELDS TO FINISH BACK AT GLEN RUY FARM
1.05.08 - Lloyd Taggart 2003
Vet 1.09.54 - Nigel Armstrong 2010
Vet 50 1.19.39 - Dave Young 2006
Vet 55 1.19.39 - Dave Young 2006
Vet 60 1.25.11 - Dave Young 2008
Lady 1.22.34 - Kate Burge 2011
Local Lady 1.26.12 - Cal Partington 2004
Lady Vet 1.28.10 - Cal Partington 2006
Lady Vet 50 1.36.58 - Rose Hooton 2006
Lady Vet 55 1.51.13 - Rose Hooton 2011
Lady Vet 60 2.13.23 - Moira Hall 2011