North Barrule (2018)
Ratch-slieau Varrool Twoaie 2018
Distance - 3.3 km
Ascent - 335m
Category - A/Short
Start - Hibernia Road (GR 455914)
The organisers reserve the right to change any part of the course and their decision on any matter concerning the race is final. Minimum age of entry is 12 years on day of race. Held under FRA rules, please bring waterproof whole body cover, map and compass and whistle. A decision on what kit must be carried will be made on the day.
NO DOGS PERMITTED ON RACE DAY.
Please do not climb fences or walls - there is no need on this route.
For reccies you can park at the overflow car park.
Please note that parking and signing on for the race will be just down the road from the start on the right (as you come from the coast road). We have permission to use this as a car park and marshals will be on hand to supervise parking. It is a narrow road, so please take care and avoid parking on the verges.
Start/Finish - Hibernia Road (GR 455914)
- FOLLOW FLAGGED SECTION from the start, crossing a field to the kissing gate GR 454913
- Ascend by any route to the flagpole at GR 443907. MANNED SAFETY CONTROL 1
- Ascend to the summit trig point GR 442909. UNMANNED CONTROL 2
- Descend by any route to the kissing gate GR 454913
- FOLLOW FLAGGED SECTION TO FINISH