The Kate Burge Sea to Summit Fell Race takes place this Saturday (14th October) at 1:30pm.
This race will be the final counter in the Callin Wild Manx Fell Running league. Full race briefing information has been sent via email or can be viewed here but a few key points to note are summarised below:
- Sign on is from 12:30 at the Laxey Sailing Club (located alongside the harbour)
- At each check point where a punch is present you must staple the edge of your race number as evidence you have passed through the required checkpoints.
- FULL SAFETY KIT IS REQUIRED. This consists of:
- Full waterproof body cover
- Hat & gloves
- Map & compass
- Emergency food
- In the absence of the usual tram service, Civil Defence have kindly stepped in to offer a 4 vehicle shuttle service between the Bungalow and Laxey Sailing Club
- Tea, coffee cakes & (limited!) beer will be available at the sailing club after the race. Presentations are due to occur between 4:30 and 5pm, earlier if everyone is accounted for.
- The sailing club will remain open into the evening with Matt Kelly (guitarist and singer) getting things going before The Fecktones line up at 7pm.
- Before the race starts a minutes silence will be held to gather thoughts for Kate and Matt McSevney
Entries will be available on the day (£10). A route map can be downloaded here - http://www.katesrace.co.uk/map/4587760724 - please print a copy and bring to the race (waterproof it if possible!).
Current weather forecast is typically grim - rain possible, windy and extensive hill fog so be prepared for the conditions. For any other information keep an eye on the event Facebook page or website